Wednesday 18 November 2015

Music Magazine Mock up


 
The reason I chose to do a big chunky masthead is because the masthead means everything for the customers to purchase the magazine. This is so when customers walk into a shop and see all the varieties of magazines, mine will stand out because of its big, thick chunky masthead. I decided to do rather squared letters for my masthead font so I could place a part of DJ decks in replacement of the O. I feel like this gives away the genre of my music magazine, which is house, as there is a lot of house DJs and song remixes done on the decks.
I used a faint light pink background for my magazine and put certain bits of writing around the magazine a brighter pink, The reason I did this was because my target audience for this magazine is girls, so to make it more obvious to the audience who this magazine is targeted at I decided to add pink.
My cover line for this magazine is the name of this famous DJ 'Hannah wants'. I made her name bigger and anchored onto the image so it is clear who the name is related to on the front cover. I decided to do two different fonts for this in different colours so add to my pink theme and also attract the readers to the fact who the star of the magazine is. I decided to flip on the the 'Ns' in 'Hannah' round to
In this magazine I also added some green coloured font in certain areas. I did this because green is the sign of youth and as my target audience is younger women I thought this would go nicely.
To promote a competition that's taking place in my magazine, I used a puff. I did this because its noticeable for the readers to see and it attracts your attention to it. As its in a bubble shape, its clear this isn't to do with the other information on the front cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment