Monday 30 November 2015

Planning my photoshoot

For my magazine I need to do my own photo-shoot. To make sure I am prepared and my photo-shoot will be successful, I am going to make a check list so I don't miss anything out.
Photo-shoot checklist:
  • 2 female models
  • white sheet to use as a background
  • camera
  • headphones
  • battery's
  • smoke machine (if we can get hold of one)
  • lighting from 2 directions
I'm using 2 female models as I want a variety in my images, not just the same people in every image. For the photo-shoot I decided to have just a plain white background. I'm doing this because I thought it looked good in my mock-up magazine. another reason is if you have a plain background in a magazine, you cant get distracted from the main image which will be the cover model.
when I do my shoot I am going to think about what time of day it is and look out for how light/dark it is outside. The reason for this is I would like natural light to be seeping through on my photo-shoot as I believe it gives the model a glow and is more natural looking. I'm also going to use a professional camera which catches the skin tones and little details around, which is better than a phone camera.
My models are going to be young and beautiful as I want my target audience to idolise them. The models I plan to put on the front cover are going to stereotypically be my target audience, which is young women who like music.

As I am going to use the images I take for different purposes (cover image, contents page, double page spread) I need to make it clear that they all relate to each other and are linked in some way. I plan to use the same model for the cover image and double page spread as I feel the cover model is then relevant in the magazine. I am then going to use a different person for the contents page.

No comments:

Post a Comment