Tuesday 12 April 2016

Evaluation Question 4

   Who would be the audience for your media product?



The target audience is one of the main things to think about when creating and designing any media product, in my case a magazine. I decided who my target audience were before i designed the magazine as i had to take into account the cover images, colours, and font. I also had to think about which audience would make the most profit.

The target audience I chose to use was young adults aged from 16-24. I felt it was very suitable for the magazine i wanted to promote. The price i picked for the magazine also links to the target audience. The price i chose was specifically cheap as i wanted it to be affordable for my audience, some of the young people will not have full time jobs to afford an expensive magazine, so i improvised.

In my magazine i considerd making my gender target audience both male and female as i didnt want to be seen as stereotypical. After giving it alot of thought however i decided the main gender target audience for my magazine would be female. This is because being a girl myself, i know how to relate to females and what kind of subjects they would find interesting and like to read about. I do not think it will reflect badly to have a magazine which is aimed for one gender as alot of other media products have done this and is rather common to do so, Although some minorities of males will enjoy the content within my magazine which is great.

The music genre 'house' is becoming very popular in modern day music according to my research statistics, which is why i thought it would be a great idea to choose that for my genre, which is what i did. In my questionnaires i discovered that alot of my the age group which like house are 16-24 which is great for me as this means lots of people will want to buy my magazine.

The main message that i would like my magazine to get across is that house music isnt just all sounds and beats, it takes time to create and is a skill to do which i want my target audience to see. Hopefully some of the women who read the magazine may decide they would like to do a courier in DJing or music related.

No comments:

Post a Comment