Tuesday 12 April 2016

Evaluation Question 6

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

 One of the main technologies which i have learnt most about and used the most is Google blogs. It is an online publishing service which has allowed me to record and post every step that was needed to show how my magazine was designed and the thought process. Google blogs is a great internet app as it allowed me to embed my prezis which were from a different website onto my blog. This meant my information could be shown in various different ways, while being shown on the same website .
Another type of technology which i commonly used and thought was very useful, was Prezi, Prezi is a online presentation software with a slight twist. Instead of any old standard slides like powerpoint, Prezi allows you to have different effects and different designs on the page which makes it interesting and fun to go through and find out new information. Prezi is a unique presentation software which i think the readers will find creative and much more exciting for them to read.

For my magazine, i needed to collect some research and find out about my target audience, also what would be the most popular genre etc, To do this is used survey monkey which is an online survey development site which was used for my primary research. I put this on the website and also told some people at school who were my target audience to fill out this survey with their honest opinions so i could get accurate feedback and make my music magazine the best that it could be. Once 10 of my target audience had filled in the survey, i was able to choose how my results were set out and i chose a bar chart as i thought this was like easiest to understand
.
Google is one of the most common one that i used for my magazine. Its an online search engine which shows whatever information you need and is very specific. I used this for my music magazine when i was trying to find similar magazines to get ideas from to design mine, and also old contents pages/double page spreads and analyse the conventions. By doing this it was improving my chance to have a great music magazine.

The software which i chose to design my music magazine front cover, contents page and DPS was called Serif Page Plus. This is a desktop publishing program which you can design and create whatever you desire. This was a great program to use as i could basically do whatever i wanted to to improve and change my magazine to make it even better. It allows you to have a huge range of different fonts, sizes and colours which is essential for a magazine because you need a variety to attract the audience. You crop images intensely to whatever shape you should like and also change the colour of the background which i was using alot.

Another software which i used a fair amount for my Blog is Microsoft publisher, Microsoft publisher is entry level publishing application which you can do alot with, Publisher gives you the ability to make leaflets and poster efficiently, However, for my blog i didnt use it for this, I used publisher to analyse magazine pages and make annotations very clear. I used publisher for this as its very easy to use and allows you to put images/textboxes wherever you want to which is exactly what i needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment